Subjects addressed in this workshop include:
- How does hearing work (or not)?
- What are some types and causes of hearing loss?
- How do I read an audiogram? (Please bring your student’s audiogram)
- What is the impact of hearing loss on language and speech development?
- What are some educational implications of hearing loss?
- What are some helpful modifications I can make in my teaching?
- How can I facilitate communication in the classroom?
- How do hearing aids and cochlear implants work and how can I troubleshoot them?
- What is an FM/DM system and why is one so often recommended?
- How do I use and troubleshoot an FM/DM system effectively?
- What other assistive devices might my student use?
- How can I create an accessible and welcoming classroom for all of my students
Certificates for 5.5 professional development hours will be given.
Linda Taylor, Ed.D.
Suzanne Viani, M.E.D.
NHHA – New Hampshire Hospital Association
125 Airport Road, Concord, NH 03301
$129 which includes continental breakfast and lunch
Three or more individuals from a school team may register for and attend on the same date at $109 each. (Forms must be mailed or faxed together)
$50 for family member