Camp Squanto Volunteers Spend a Pair of Memorable Summer Days at Crotched Mountain
During the summer, 28 volunteers from Camp Squanto made the trip to Greenfield, NH to offer their time on behalf of Crotched Mountain. Camp Squanto is located in Swanzey, NH on the shores of Swanzey Lake and welcomes campers from across the country.
Ten volunteers came on July 7 and 18 more arrived on August 2, participating in a variety of projects including:
- Assisting Crotched Mountain School students in Art class
- Cleaning and shelving books in the Media Center
- Repotting tomato plants with students in the Farm School
- Joining in the Fun Friday Movie
- Raking and moving stones for Crotched Mmountain Equine Collaborative horse ring
Counselors Scott Nitchie and Brynne Fritjofson set up a “surprise” volunteer experience for their campers.
“Crotched Mountain offered a very unique and helpful experience to our campers,” says Brynne. “The environment was awesome and the campers were so excited to be a part of it. It gave them the chance to meet the Crotched Mountain students and see how many similarities there are in their typical school day as well as introduce them and help them understand the differences.”
Learn more about volunteering at Crotched Mountain here!