Now enrolling day and residential students! Call 603-547-1894 today!
In the heart of New Hampshire, perched on an idyllic 1,400-acre campus overlooking the Contoocook River Valley, Crotched Mountain School offers a unique combination of world-class special education, full-time residential living, year-round accessible recreation, and a comprehensive suite of therapeutic supports. For over 50 years, Crotched Mountain School has provided an unforgettable residential special education experience surrounded by the natural beauty of New Hampshire. We equip our students with the skills to succeed in the community and to live a life of maximum independence.
A fully accredited pre-K to 12+ residential and day school located less than two hours from Boston and 45 minutes from Manchester, NH, Crotched Mountain School serves students with complex diagnoses including autism, emotional disorders, developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, and mental health needs. We have 24-hour nursing support and a physician on site.
Crotched Mountain School is approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education as a private special education school and a non-public school. We are approved to serve all 13 educational codings for students age 4 through 21.
Crotched Mountain School Quick Facts
- Serving students 4-21
- Full complement of related services (OT, PT, TR, Speech)
- Integrated BCBA supports
- 24-hour nursing support
- Diverse accessible recreation offerings like skiing, cycling, kayaking, and more
- Structured vocational experiences
- Art and music classes
- Year-round, hands-on farm school agricultural program
- Full gymnasium and aquatics center
- Accessible hiking trails
- After school enrichment program featuring activities like yoga, music, weaving, basketball, cooking, and much more
- Online parent communication platform
Ready to begin? Call 603-547-1894 or visit our Admissions page for more information.